A celebration of caffeine and feverish. half-finished code.
On Friday, May 19, 6pm EST, an API will be announced.
On Saturday, May 20, 6pm EST, a theme will be announced.
On Sunday, May 21, 6pm EST, judging will begin.
The setup is the same as before. I’ll pick an API and a theme. It’s your job to come up with something cool to earn the title of Iron Coder.
Judging will be based on four criteria:
- Technical expertise
- Use of API and theme
- Cool factor
- The programs must run in their own address space- so that rules out input managers and haxies. The program must also run without authentication.
- Source code has to be included, and you’ve got to be ok with it being public.
- New projects only! The idea is to try and cram all development into a 24hr period.
- If it’s some sort of movie, or something that you have to sit through, it can’t be longer than 1:27 seconds.
- Files must be under 5mb compressed (for uploading).
- A quick little blurb on how to run your program, what it does, and how it ties into the theme is probably a good idea.
- The app has to be totally self contained. We don’t want files littered all over the judge’s system.
- The judge has to be able to compile the code.
- Instant disqualification if judge is too scared to run the code.
- You must be willing to be the next competition’s judge.
- Unless somebody wants to buy the judge a new Intel Mac, it better run on PPC. Bonus points to anyone who sends the judge hardware.
See you there.